Imagine a Better Life
While there is no doubt that divorce is one of life’s most painful experiences, it is also important to realize that a separation of this nature also offers an opportunity for growth. Following the divorce, you will be faced with new choices that may offer even greater possibilities. Although the beginning of a new way of being is not easy, and it is often is not the path you would have chosen, it is important to remember that divorce gives you a chance for a new beginning.
Identify Your Feelings
Colorado Divorce is about loss, and there is little that can be done to alleviate the suffering inherent in its initial stages. Feeling anxious and sad is normal and these emotions must be worked through slowly and over time. While it is important to identify these feelings and to examine them, you must remember that you will heal and you will feel better. When you begin to move beyond the pain, use this time wisely and start to establish some methods for personal growth, and ways to bring inner stabiliity into your life. The grief stage is part of the healing process and it’s important to be good to yourself and to work through it at your own pace.
It’s OK to Feel
Know that even though your relationship has ended, know that it is ok to:
- Wish you had tried harder to mend your relationship
- Wish that things had been different
- Hope that he or she will come back into your life
- Still love your spouse
- Think your life is a mess
- Feel that you will not find happiness again
Choose to Be Healthy
While is is normal to have some of these feelings, it is also important to make healthy choices.
- Exercise because it is amazing how working out, or even stretching, or walking can help you to allievate the stress that is stored in your body, heart, and mind.
- Eat right and only ingest healthy food. While grabbing a hamburger and fries may be fast and easy, your body will thank you when you learn to enjoy a diet of lean meats and fresh fruits and vegetables. Not only will these foods make you feel good, but you will look better too!
- If you don’t have a trusted friend with whom you can share your thoughts, keep a personal journal, or talk to a therapist about your pain. Expressing your feelings is an important part of the healing process.
- If you are not working, get some career counseling. Having a job will get you up in the morning, out of the house, and will increase your professional skills, and focus your mind. Keeping busy and being productive helps to establish the self esteem you need to begin your new life.
Create a Foundation for a New Beginning
There is no quick way to work through the pain of divorce, but know that ultimately you will feel better and your heart will heal. The growth process inherent in divorce will bring with it the hope and the strength you neeed to create the sound foundation you need to know yourself, rebuild a better life, and create a supportive and happy new relationship.