Attorney Jennie Wray is one of The Harris Law Firm’s most accomplished attorneys, achieving both a position as partner at the firm as well as being named a Super Lawyers® Rising Star℠ five years running. For perspective, an attorney who is named to the Super Lawyers list is considered a top attorney in their field—they must undergo review under 12 different criteria, and the list only represents the top 5% of all lawyers in that state. For someone to be a Rising Star, they must either be under 40 years old or have been practicing for less than a decade, while fulfilling the Super Lawyer requirements. The list has confirmed that Ms. Wray is among the top 2.5% of attorneys in her state, as rated by her colleagues. She also has a BV® rating on Martindale-Hubbell® and was nominated for Denver Business Journal's Top 40 Under 40 list for 2016 and 2017.
However, her awards, though impressive, do not fully express the excellence and passion that Ms. Wray brings to her practice. Her law career began at the Vermont Law School, and during school breaks she externed for New Jersey’s Presiding Judge in the Civil Division, as well as for the Hudson County Superior Court, Family Division. In both positions, she gained valuable insight into family law and court proceedings. After graduation she became a law clerk for the Superior Court Judge in Family Law, further deepening her knowledge of divorce, child custody, and spousal/child support. Her extensive knowledge of inner court workings serves her today as a family law attorney at The Harris Law Firm.
Attorney Jennie Wray’s accomplishments and career are rooted in one thing: her unrelenting determination to provide a voice to the voiceless, to make the law clear and accessible to those that need it most. That is why she practices family law—very few practice areas allow such a direct connection between legal decisions and the daily lives of everyday people. Ms. Wray fights to make sure that the law works on behalf of those who need it, not take advantage of them in desperate times. In addition, she donates her spare time to volunteering for the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, where she advocates on behalf of children in her community. Clients can trust in Attorney Wray’s determination, knowledge, and experience as she tirelessly and passionately works on their behalf, crafting solutions that can benefit them for years.
- Colorado Super Lawyer’s Rising Star: 2013 – 2017
- Nominated by Denver Business Journal for the 40 Under 40 award
- Martindale Hubble Recognition, BV Distinguished Rating 4.3 out of 5
- View Jennie's profile in Denver Business Journal's People on the Move!
- Check out "CLC Launches Young Lawyers Division" featuring Jennie in Law Week Colorado
- AVVO Rating 10/10
Bar and Court Admissions
- 2008, Colorado
- 2007, New York
- 2006, New Jersey
Memberships and Affiliations
- Member, Colorado Lawyers Committee, Board Member of Young Lawyer Division. 2015 to Present
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, First Judicial District Bar Association
- JD. Vermont Law School, 2006
- BA, University of Tennessee, Knoxville. Political Science Honors Program, Minor in U.S. History
Publications and Presentations
- "Emerging Trends in Family Law", Law Week Colorado, January 2, 2016
- Evidence Practicum for Family Lawyers, May 2016
- Organized, promoted, and presented a three-part educational series and CLE with two estate planning firms on: "The Union of Colorado Family Law and Estate Planning" on May 12, 19, and 26th, 2016
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Guardian Ad Litem. 2008 to Present
- Volunteer: Family Tree, 2008 to Present
- Volunteer: Metro Volunteer Lawyers, 2008 to Present
- Volunteer: Colorado Lawyers Committee, 2008 to Present
- Board Member: Colorado Lawyers Committee, Young Lawyers Division. 2015
- Volunteer: Denver Bar Association