The Harris Law Firm Self-Represented Resource Center™
Providing Unbundled Legal Services
If you are considering a do-it-yourself option for your family law case, The Harris Law Firm’s Self-Represented Resource Center™ may be the best option for you. This legal clinic allows you access to expert divorce and family law advice while still representing yourself. We instituted this center as a service to the community, and it’s something we believe many people will find valuable.
Angela R. Arkin – Director
Former District Court Judge Angela R. Arkin of the 18th Judicial District is the Director of The Harris Law Firm’s Self-Represented Resource Center™. She served as a District Court Judge in this district from 2002-2015. A graduate of Emory Law School, she is licensed to practice in Colorado, Georgia, and the District of Columbia.
Arkin has extensive legal experience, was a member of the committee that drafted and helped enact Colorado’s Parental Responsibility statute, was actively involved in the legislative effort to pass the Uniform Child Custody Jurisdiction and Enforcement Act, and is a member of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She was also the Co-Editor, Author, and Reviser of the 2014 Bench Bar Book on Domestic Relations. She is skilled in all aspects of family law.
Benefits of Unbundled Legal Services
Unbundled legal services from The Harris Law Firm may be right for you if:
- YOU have the time and attention to devote to representing yourself.
- YOU wish to have greater control over your legal fees.
- YOU only need legal help in specific aspects of your family law matter.
- YOU have specific questions about your legal rights and options.
- YOU wonder whether you have a viable cause to pursue or grounds to modify or appeal an existing court order.
Many people have the desire to represent themselves, but still want expert input regarding their family law matter. This option allows for just that.
Scope of Unbundled Services
- Providing a consultation & advice regarding your Dissolution of Marriage/Parental Responsibilities matter;
- Coaching and helping you prepare for a hearing (appointments for any hearing preparation must occur at least seven (7) business days prior to that scheduled hearing. The SRRC can never guarantee that we will be available to assist you without an appointment);
- Helping you prepare for Child and Family Investigator/Parental Responsibility Evaluator (CFI/PRE) interview;
- Reviewing and commenting on documents not prepared by the SRRC;
- Assistance with forms for your filings with the court and service of process;
- Assistance with your calculation of child support and maintenance;
- Assistance with your preparation of disclosures and discovery responses.
For more information on The Harris Law Firm’s Self-Represented Resource Center™, call us today for immediate HELP at (303) 622-5502!