Can My New Spouse Adopt My Child?

October 11, 2010
Categories: Child Support and Parenting Time | Author: Harris Law Firm

In order to file for a step parent adoption,in the State of Colorado you have to file a motion with the court to have the biological father’s parental rights terminated before your new spouse can adopt the child. The Harris Law Firm can help, and we have an attorney who specializes in the area of step-parent adoption and termination of parental rights cases. Our firm will ensure you have the proper guidance thoughout the  Colorado Step Parent Adoption process.

Located in Denver (303) 515-5000 and Fort Collins (970) 472-1838, The Harris Law Firm is Colorado's largest family law firm.  Focusing exclusively on Colorado Divorce and Colorado Child Custody and Support, the firm's philosophy is to work with you to resolve your legal matter in the best way possible. When you consult with one of our attorneys, the expert legal advice you receive will help you understand your rights and options according to Colorado law. And when you retain this AV rated firm, the many years of combined experience provided by your legal team will ensure that the resolution of your case is handled in the most organized, timely, cost efficient and effective manner possible. If you want to limit conflict and protect your rights, call us today to schedule a private consultation in our Denver or Fort Collins offices. Call us at 303-515-5000 or send us an email at

0 Comments, 1951 Views

Leave a Reply

Fields marked with  * are required.

  1. (will not be published)
© Copyright 2015 Harris Law Firm. All Rights Reserved. Privacy