Talking to Your Kids About Divorce
Although the discussion about divorce should be tailored to a child's age, maturity, and temperament, be sure to convey one basic message: What happened is between mom and dad and does not have anything to do with the kids. Most kids will feel they are to blame even after parents have said that they are not. So it's vital for parents to keep providing this reassurance.
- Who will I live with? Where will I go to school?
- Will I move?
- Where will mom live and where will dad live?
- Will I still get to see my friends?
- Will I have to go to a different school?
- Can I still go to camp this summer?
- Can I still do my favorite activities?
Address your child's concerns and provide reassurance that the family will get through this, even though it may take some time.
0 Comments, 1721 Views