Baker's Dozen : Fun and Meaningful Things to Do with Your Kids This Holiday Season
Baker’s Dozen : Fun and Meaningful Things to Do with Your Kids This Holiday Season
The holiday season is almost upon us. The stores are decked out in holly and mistletoes, the radio is streaming holiday classics, and Santas grace the local malls. At The Harris Law Firm, we want you do make the most of the time you have with your children. We have compiled a list of activities you and your children can partake in to make the most of this merry time.
- Choose a book at your local library about the holidays, and read it together as a family
- Go ice-skating at one of the local rinks
- Take the little ones to go see Santa
- Make your own gift wrapping paper by getting rolls of white paper for the kids to decorate with handprints, paint, crayons, and/or glitter
- Watch the lights go on at the City and County Building in Downtown Denver
- Go for a sleigh ride in the mountains
- Make a list and do your holiday shopping together as a family
- Make holiday cookies
- Donate clothing, food, gifts, or time to a local charity
- Sing holiday songs, smile, laugh, and share holiday memories
- Practice gratitude by sharing all the things you are thankful for this year
- Make your holiday dinner special by creating a menu together and cooking together
- Remember to send your thank you cards to those in your life who have done nice things for you
We hope these activities bring you and your family closer. Now is the time to come together and make memories that will last. At The Harris Family Law Firm, we want to wish you a warm, festive holiday season.
By Kari Gallo, J.D.
The Harris Law Firm