Jonathan Stein, an attorney at The Harris Law Firm, serves as a member of The Arvada Chamber of Commerce. This weekend, he will be volunteering at the Chamber-sponsored 4th Annual Sand in the City Festival. This is Colorado’s number one beach party and Arvada’s signature event. More than 13,000 people are expected to come from around the greater Denver area to attend this event.
Admission for adults will cost $5, but children 12 and under get in for free. Part of the proceeds for the weekend’s festival will go to the Jeffco Schools Foundation. The two-day festival offers a weekend full of fun activities for the whole family. With the price of admission, unless noted otherwise, visitors will have access to:
- Free and fun activities for kids of any age. These include two massive sandboxes filled with buried treasure, interactive games, face painting, an area for crafts, and more! Along with these activities are numerous inflatable bouncy castles, bungees, and climbing walls, all available with the purchase of a secondary ticket.
- A kid’s luau party from 4-5 p.m. on Saturday, and an adult’s luau party from 6-8 p.m. later that same day.
- A performance from Urban Island, a steel drum band, from 1-2:30 p.m. on Sunday, followed by a luau from 3-4:30 p.m.
- Access to exhibits featuring nearly a dozen giant sand sculptures.
- Check out dozens of local vendors offering plenty of food, shopping, and beverage options.
- Arvada-based products like beet spirits from Rado Distilling, locally brewed craft beer, and Silver Vines Winery products.
For more information about the event, go to https://sandinthecityarvada.org/.