Unbundled Legal Services
The Harris Law Firm offers unbundled legal services through our LawYourWay℠™
Unbundled legal services are a cost effective way to obtain legal services and support from a Colorado family law attorney without being represented by a lawyer. Unbundled services will allow you to consult with an attorney who will help you to understand the scope of your legal matter and assist you to prepare for upcoming hearings, prepare a pleading, and/or review a separation agreement.
Unbundled services will allow you to consult with a lawyer who will advise you on an hourly basis and you will pay as you go. With unbundled services you are representing yourself but with a lawyers guidance.
The assistance you receive will allow you to:
- Receive legal guidance about your Colorado family law matter
- Understand the legal process
- Understand your legal documents
- Prepare for hearings
The Limitations of Unbundled Services:
- You are pro se and are not being represented by an attorney
- The attorney who is offering you unbundled services will not appear with you in court,
- The attorney will not track your case, and
- The attorney will not communicate with opposing counsel or the opposing party.
When you agree to unbundled legal services, you are solely responsible for the following:
- Meeting all court deadlines
- Meeting all discovery requests
- Filing all appropriate pleadings
- Communicating with the court and opposing counsel
- General management of your case
- Understanding the applicable law, court order, and court rules
Unbundled legal services are a cost effective way to obtain legal services and support from a Colorado family law attorney without being represented by a lawyer. The lawyers in our Self Represented Resource Center will consult with you to help you understand your legal rights and responsibilities, but they will not represent you. When you are self-represented, you are solely responsible for all aspects of your legal matter. If you later determine that you require full legal representation, we will arrange a consultation for you with one of our lawyers at The Harris Law Firm.