Dan began practicing law in 1987 and has extensive experience in: family law, divorce, collaborative divorce, legal separation, stepparent adoptions, custody and placement of children, child support, maintenance (alimony or spousal support), grandparent/third person rights, non-traditional family cases, alternative dispute resolution and marital property agreements.
He attended Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution receiving his certification in Divorce and Family Mediation, Hamline University School of Law and the University of Wisconsin, Madison majoring in Philosophy and Political Science.
Dan is licensed to practice law in the state of Colorado and is a member of the State Bar of Wisconsin.
Away from the office Dan enjoys camping, reading, exercise and fostering puppies as a volunteer with the Longmont Humane Society.
Bar and Court Admissions
Memberships and Affiliations
- Legal Action of Wisconsin, Board of Directors, 1988 - 1991
- Youth Services of Southern Wisconsin, Inc., Board of Directors, 2004-2006
- Collaborative Family Law Council of Wisconsin, Inc., 1998 - 2014
- Court Appointed Special Advocates, Board of Directors, 2011 – 2014
- University of Wisconsin, B.A. in Philosophy and Political Science
- Hamline University, J.D.
- Pepperdine University School of Law, Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Divorce and Family Mediation Certification
Awards & Honors
- Merit Scholarship Recipient, 1985.
- American Jurisprudence Award Recipient, 1985
- Ranked as one of the top lawyers in Dane County published by Madison Magazine in January 2001and 2003
- Longmont Humane Society
- Meals on Wheels