Susan B. Marhoffer is an experienced trial and appellate attorney with over 30 years’ experience practicing law in matrimonial, civil, and criminal litigation, appeals, collaborative law, and mediation. She has a level of trial experience very few attorneys ever achieve, and has never lost a custody trial.
Since 1994, Susan has operated her own successful practice devoted to complex domestic relations law and child custody with a focus on litigation and mediation in Colorado, New York, and Connecticut. She previously worked as an Assistant District Attorney for the Office of Kings County District Attorney in Brooklyn, and as a Senior Litigation Associate for Wall Street law firms with a diverse corporate, civil, and real estate litigation practice. Her early experience in the financial markets provides her with an extensive understanding of complex and sophisticated executive compensation and asset portfolios.
Susan earned her undergraduate degree from the University of Colorado and her Juris Doctor from Benjamin Cardozo School of Law in New York. While in law school, she served as a student intern for the Innocence Project and worked on the appeal of the first inmate in history to be exonerated based on the acceptance of the validity of DNA testing.
Susan is known for her exceptional oral and written communication skills and her ability to build strong rapport with clients from all walks of life. She is a critical thinker with strong problem solving skills, and is responsive to clients and their need to negotiate favorable outcomes.
Susan enjoying some winter skiing in Colorado.
- New York
- Southern District of New York
- Eastern District of New York
- Connecticut District Court
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- United States Supreme Court
Professor of Constitutional Law – Remington College
- Adjunct professor in the Criminal Justice Program
- Benjamin Cardozo School of Law, J.D., Dean’s Honor List, Cum Laude, 1988
- University of Colorado, B.A. Geography & Environmental Science, 1981
- Colorado Legal Services, Pro Bono Counsel representing indigent parties in El Paso County and Teller County Courts.