Taylor Jordan is an Attorney at The Harris Law Firm who focuses on representing clients in divorce, child support, spousal maintenance, and other family law matters. Taylor’s practice is driven in part by her ability to connect and empathize with clients while providing the experienced counsel they need to navigate turbulent times.
Taylor grew up in Des Moines, Iowa and was inspired at a young age by her mother, who is also an attorney, to pursue a career that would allow her to help and advocate for people facing difficult situations. Her passion for advocacy, compassionate approach, and own personal experience as a child of divorced co-parents made focusing on family law a natural fit.
In her practice, Taylor prides herself on providing quality representation by educating clients about the complex legal process, advising them on the best routes to achieve desired outcomes, negotiating settlements when possible, and defending their interests in court when necessary. She believes it’s important for attorneys, especially those in family law, to wear many hats and she values her role as advocate, advisor, and support system for clients facing major turning points in their lives.
Taylor’s dedication to helping individuals and families through their family law journeys is reflected in her work and the positive testimonials and referrals she receives from both clients and colleagues. In 2021, she was a recipient of Avvo's Clients' Choice Award, an accolade presented to select attorneys whose exceptional legal services have resulted in highly satisfied clients.
Prior to joining The Harris Law Firm, Taylor worked at a boutique law firm in Saint Paul, Minnesota representing clients in family law, personal injury, and conciliation court matters. She received her undergraduate degree in Communications with a Minor in Political Science from Colorado State University and her Juris Doctor from Mitchell Hamline School of Law in Saint Paul. When not advocating for clients, Taylor enjoys spending time outdoors exploring Colorado with her husband and her two dogs. Most weekends you can find her camping, hiking, or searching for the best brunch spot.
- 2021 Avvo Clients’ Choice Award
- Colorado, 2021
- Minnesota, 2017
- Colorado Bar Association
- Minnesota Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Minnesota New Lawyers Organization
- Minnesota Association for Justice
- Public Justice
Business Network International (2018-2021)
- President (2019-2020), Education Coordinator (2018-2019), Mentor Coordinator (2018-2019)
Payne Arcade Business Association (2017-2018)
- Board Member
Junior League of Saint Paul (2015-2017)
- Social Media Coordinator and Event Planner (2016-2017), New Member Recruitment (2015-2016)
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, Juris Doctor (2017)
- Colorado State University, B.A. Speech Communications (2013)
- Co-Lecturer, Minnesota CLE 2021 Family Law Institute (March 15, 2021), “Spousal Maintenance & Retirement: Lessons from Recent Case Law” webinar, co-lecturer D. Patrick McCullough