Attorney Jennie Wray is one of The Harris Law Firm’s most accomplished attorneys, achieving both a position as partner at the firm as well as being named a Super Lawyers® Rising Star℠ seven years running. For perspective, an attorney who is named to the Super Lawyers list is considered a top attorney in their field—they must undergo review under 12 different criteria, and the list only represents the top 5% of all lawyers in that state. For someone to be a Rising Star, they must either be under 40 years old or have been practicing for less than a decade, while fulfilling the Super Lawyer requirements. The list has confirmed that Ms. Wray is among the top 2.5% of attorneys in her state, as rated by her colleagues. She also has a BV® rating on Martindale-Hubbell® and was nominated for Denver Business Journal's Top 40 Under 40 list for 2016 and 2017.
However, her awards, though impressive, do not fully express the excellence and passion that Ms. Wray brings to her practice. Her law career began at the Vermont Law School, and during school breaks, she externed for New Jersey’s Presiding Judge in the Civil Division, as well as for the Hudson County Superior Court, Family Division. In both positions, she gained valuable insight into family law and court proceedings. After graduation she became a law clerk for the Superior Court Judge in Family Law, further deepening her knowledge of divorce, child custody, and spousal/child support. Her extensive knowledge of inner court workings serves her today as a family law attorney at The Harris Law Firm.
Attorney Jennie Wray’s accomplishments and career are rooted in one thing: her unrelenting determination to provide a voice to the voiceless, to make the law clear and accessible to those that need it most. That is why she practices family law—very few practice areas allow such a direct connection between legal decisions and the daily lives of everyday people. Ms. Wray fights to make sure that the law works on behalf of those who need it, not take advantage of them in desperate times. In addition, she donates her spare time to volunteering for the Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, where she advocates on behalf of children in her community. Clients can trust in Attorney Wray’s determination, knowledge, and experience as she tirelessly and passionately works on their behalf, crafting solutions that can benefit them for years.
In her spare time, Jennie likes to ski, mountaineer, rock and ice climb, fly fish, hike, raft, and travel.
In this photo Jennie is climbing Mt. Blanc.
- Best Lawyers in America 2019-2022
- Colorado Super Lawyer's 2022
- Colorado Super Lawyer’s Rising Star: 2013 – 2019
- Nominated by Denver Business Journal for the 40 Under 40 award in 2016 and 2017
- Martindale Hubble Recognition, BV Distinguished Rating 4.3 out of 5
- Recognized as one of the 10 Best Family Law Attorneys in Colorado for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- View Jennie's profile in Denver Business Journal's People on the Move!
- Check out "CLC Launches Young Lawyers Division" featuring Jennie in Law Week Colorado
- AVVO Rating 10/10
- Parenting Coordinator or a Parenting Coordinator with Decision-Making Authority
- 2008, Colorado
- 2007, New York
- 2006, New Jersey
- Colorado Lawyers Committee Young Lawyers Division Chair 2018-2019
- Member, Board of Trustee for The First Judicial District Bar Association
- Member, Colorado Lawyers Committee, Board Member of Young Lawyer Division. 2015 to Present
- Member, Colorado Bar Association
- Member, First Judicial District Bar Association
- Jennie Wray serves on the First Judicial District (Jefferson County Board of Governors)
- JD. Vermont Law School, 2006
- BA, University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Political Science Honors Program, Minor in U.S. History
- "Emerging Trends in Family Law" - Law Week Colorado, January 2, 2016
- "Is a Postnuptial Agreement Right for You?" - Queer Money, November 28, 2017 and Forbes, December 10, 2017
- “Premarital and Marital Agreements- Not Just for the Rich and Famous” - Cash Wise ExWives, October 24, 2018
- Evidence Practicum for Family Lawyers, May 2016 and May 2018
- Organized, promoted, and presented a three-part educational series and CLE with two estate planning firms on: "The Union of Colorado Family Law and Estate Planning" on May 12, 19, and 26th, 2016
- Organized and Presented Family Law Mediations: Best Practices for 11th Annual Colorado Statewide ADR Conference in October 2017
- Organized and Presented Family Law Mediations: Best Practices for Family Law Fall Update in October 2018
- Jennie Wray is the Co-Chair of the PR team for the CLC- YLD. In 2017, she presented the video created for the 2017 Colorado Lawyers Committee - Young Lawyers Division.
- The Union of Colorado Family Law and Estate Planning: Prenuptial Agreements, Trusts, Dissolution of Marriage, and Re-Planning - 2017
- Rocky Mountain Children’s Law Center, Guardian Ad Litem. 2008 to Present
- Volunteer: Family Tree, 2008 to Present
- Volunteer: Metro Volunteer Lawyers, 2008 to Present
- Volunteer: Colorado Lawyers Committee, 2008 to Present
- Board Member: Colorado Lawyers Committee, Young Lawyers Division, 2015 to Present
- Volunteer: Denver Bar Association