Reasons to Choose Mediation
It is never easy to admit when a marriage no longer works. There can be many reasons why a couple drifts a part or realizes that maybe marriage was not the right choice to begin with. This is not a bad thing. In fact, it’s quite natural. If a couple does mutually agree to divorce, it does not have to be a contentious thing. In fact, no one need go to trial. A good way to dissolve a mutually desired divorce is through mediation.
Mediation is a legal process where a neutral third party listens to the splitting couple and helps them come up with terms for the divorce, including matters such as custody and alimony. This can be a beneficial option for a number of reasons.
10 reasons to split up with mediation:
- Paperwork done for you
- Experienced divorce attorney will raise the issues for you to consider
- Do not give up your right to litigate in court
- Have a neutral person help guide the conversation so that emotions are in control.
- It is confidential
- Allows creative ideas to be considered. Process is more easily tailored to your family
- Set the stage for a cooperative post relationship. Makes it easier to co-parent.
At The Harris Law Firm, we believe that divorce does not have to be an ugly matter. Our team of Denver mediation attorneys can help you reach an amicable divorce. Our attorneys are experienced and highly-trained as mediators. We understand the importance of impartiality and listen to both sides with focus and concentration. We help you come to an agreement that is fair and mutually beneficial. If you and your spouse have decided to dissolve your marriage together, contact our Colorado divorce attorneys today.