The divorce process can seem daunting when you don’t understand what the process entails or how long it will take. But increasing your level of understanding about the legal process can help to reduce your stress:
Although every case is different, even individuals who are on good terms with their spouse will want to get through the process as quickly as possible. While there is no typical time frame associated with a divorce, the amount of time it takes to complete the process depends on the level of conflict between the spouses, the complexity of their financial situation, and whether or not there are children involved.
A simple overview of the legal process for Colorado family law cases is as follows:
- You will have an initial consultation with your family law attorney
- You will subsequently retain the services of the Firm
- Your attorney will file initial paperwork with the Colorado Court
- Your attorney will arrange the exchange of financial documents
- You and your attorney will negotiate for a settlement
- There will be a final hearing, if necessary
- The case will be finalized with settlement documents and court orders
The attorneys and staff at The Harris Law Firm are dedicated to streamlining the legal process for you. Whether your case involves child custody, divorce, step-parent adoption, or another area of Colorado family law, our attorneys are dedicated to keep your legal costs to a minimum, and guiding you through the legal process while keeping you informed.