Jacob Allen brings a unique combination of experiences and skills to his family law practice. Jacob’s previous work ranges from providing psychological counseling and assessments to children and families to litigating complex product liability cases against some of the nation’s largest companies.
Jacob, a Denver native, graduated from the University of Colorado at Boulder as a member of the Phi Beta Kappa honor society. He then went on to serve as an AmeriCorps volunteer and as a mental health counselor at Children’s Hospital Colorado. Jacob also received specialized training in counseling and psychological assessment of children at the University of Texas at Austin.
Jacob conducted his legal training at the University of Denver Sturm College of Law where he was a Chancellor’s Scholar. The Chancellor Scholarship is a full tuition scholarship awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence and a commitment to community service. While in law school, Jacob worked for both federal and state court judges including United States District Court Judge R. Brooke Jackson, United States District Court Magistrate Judge Michael Hegarty, and Denver District Court Judge John W. Madden, IV.
As an attorney, Jacob has applied his diverse skillset to a specialization in family law. In addition to his work in family law, Jacob also has a background in employment and product liability litigation.
Jacob has served as a volunteer Big Brother, member of the Rose Community Foundation’s Roots and Branches Foundation, and a volunteer attorney for Metro Volunteer Lawyers.
Bar and Court Admissions
- State of Colorado
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
Memberships and Affiliations
- Arapahoe County Bar Association
Colorado Bar Association
- Member, Family Law Section
- Denver Bar Association
- Metro Denver Interdisciplinary Committee
J.D., University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Chancellor Scholarship: Full tuition scholarship based on demonstrated academic excellence and commitment to public service
- Scholastic Excellence Award for Highest Grade: Evidence
- M.A., University of Texas at Austin, Educational Psychology
B.A., University of Colorado at Boulder, Political Science
- Phi Beta Kappa Honor Society
- A Day in the Life of a Law Firm Associate, University of Denver Sturm College of Law
- Metro Volunteer Lawyers