Skip to Content
Celebrating 30 Years of Service to Families Across Colorado

What Do I Do With My Change of Vehicle Title or Quit Claim Deed?


When your divorce is finalized, we always divide the vehicles and homes between the parties involved, and include language regarding any necessary change of title. You should have access to your vehicle title, and have it signed by the other party. Once you do this, you should visit your county DMV to update the registration. Don’t forget to update your vehicle insurance while you’re there.

If you were required to refinance or assume a home mortgage, your lender will usually assist you in signing off on a Quit Claim Deeds, and then recording it with the County Clerk and Recorder – where the property is located. If you did not need to change a mortgage and only need a Quit Claim Deed, we can assist you in preparing these or help you find an acceptable one. Then, visit your County Clerk and Recorder’s website – where the property is located – for instructions and costs to record this updated information.

Our family law attorneys at the Harris Law Firm believe backing our clients with integrity, conviction, and tireless effort. If you are interested in contacting our family law attorneys, call our firm at (303) 622-5502 or visit our website to tell us about your case.

Related Posts:

Share To: